Mercury Drug Corporation is the Philippines’ dominant pharmacy group. The Quezon City-based company operates a national chain of more than 450 drugstores, including company-owned and franchised stores. Mercury Drug is estimated to sell as much as 60 percent of all medicines sold each year in the Philippines (the country’s hospitals sell about 12 percent of medicines). Mercury Drug’s pharmacies follow the American model, combining drug and medical equipment sales with over-the-counter medicines, personal care items, basic household needs, cosmetics and other beauty products, and the like. Most of the company’s stores also are equipped to store and sell serums, blood plasma, albumin, and similar biologically active medical products.
In addition to its drugstores, Mercury operates a chain of Mercury Drug Superstores. Generally attached to the company’s pharmacies, the Mercury Drug Superstores extend the group’s assortment to include convenience store and fast-food items. By the mid-2000s, Mercury Drug Corporation operated more than 150 Mercury Drug Superstores. Founded by Mariano Que, who first sold pills from a pushcart in the 1940s, Mercury Drug Corporation remains a privately held company. Leadership of the company also remains in the family: The company’s president is Mariano Que’s daughter, Vivian Que-Ascona. Mercury Drug is a subsidiary of the Mercury Group of Companies, which governs other Que family interests, including the 10*Q convenience store chain and the Tropical Hut fast-food group. In 2003, Mercury Drug’s revenues amounted to nearly PHP 43 billion ($8.8 billion).
- Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Mercury Group of Companies, Inc.
- Incorporated : 1945
- Employees : 7,000
- Sales : 42.98 billion
- NAIC : 446110 Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- Mariano Que
Subsidiaries and affiliates
- Mercury Drug Superstore
- I-Mart International Corporation
- Phils. Corporation
- Easy Mart
- Petron Corporation
- Philippine Seven Corporation
- Robinsons Convenience Store Inc.
- Seaoil Philippines Inc.
- Shell Philippines Inc.
- Philippines Corporation
- 7 Mercury Avenue, corner E. Rodrigu
Telephone: +63 2 911 5071
Fax: +63 2 911 6673
Incoming search terms:
- mercury drug
- mercurydrug com ph
- mercury drug philippines medicines
- mercury drug store contact number
- Mercury Pharmacy Philippines Medicines
- mercury drug philippines
- mercury drug store philippines
- Mercury Drug Store Philippines Products
- mercury drugs corporation philippines contact
- mercury group of companies email philippines