San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC and SMCB) is the largest publicly listed food, beverage and packaging company in the Philippines. As of 2001, its business generated 3.6 percent of the Philippines’ gross domestic product and 4.5 percent of the government’s tax revenue.
Founded in 1890 as a brewery, San Miguel now makes nine out of every 10 bottles of beer, 87 percent of the soft drinks, 60 percent of the processed meat and 40 percent of the poultry sold in the Philippines. The trade-name San Miguel originates from St. Michael the archangel.
The company has over 100 facilities in the Philippines, Southeast Asia, China, and Australia. Its major operating facilities include five breweries, four glass plants, two metal closure and lithography plants, two plastic case plants, and a coconut oil mill. San Miguel is one of the Philippines’ biggest private employers, with over 25,900 employees.
The company reported a net income of $171 million in 2005. As of the first half of 2006, the company’s net income had grown 15 percent from a year earlier to P4.36 billion ($83.4 million) following the consolidation of its Australian subsidiary, National Foods Ltd.
- Type: Public (PSE: SMC and SMCB)
- Founded : 1890
- Incorporation Date: 21 August 1913
- Number of Directors: 15
- Headquarters : Mandaluyong City, Philippines
- Industry : Food, Beverage, Packaging
- Employees : 25,900
Eduardo M. Cojuangco Jr., Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
Ramon S. Ang, Vice Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Operating Officer
Ferdinand K. Constantino, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President, Treasurer
Francisco S. Alejo III, President of San Miguel Pure Foods Company
Ferdinand A. Tumpalan, President of SSan Miguel Yamamura Packaging Corporation
Carlos Antonio M. Berba, Chairman and Managing Director of San Miguel Brewing International
Gerardo C. Payumo, President of Ginebra San Miguel, Inc.
Francis H. Jardeleza, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Compliance Officer
Lorenzo G. Timbol, Assistant Corporate Secretary
Rosabel Socorro T. Balan, Assistant Corporate Secretary
- No. 40 San Miguel Avenue Mandaluyong City
Businesses and products
- San Miguel Brewery, Inc.
- Ginebra San Miguel, Inc.
- San Miguel-Purefoods Co. Inc.
- San Miguel Packaging Products
Divisions and subsidiaries
San Miguel Brewery, Inc.
- San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong Ltd.
- Guangzhou San Miguel Brewery Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Ritchie Brewery Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Baoding Brewery Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Brewery Vietnam Ltd.
- San Miguel Beer Thailand Ltd.
- San Miguel Marketing Thailand Ltd.
- PT Delta Djakarta Tbk
San Miguel-Pure Foods Co., Inc.
- San Miguel Foods Inc.
- Poultry Business
- Feeds Business
- Monterey Foods Corp.
- San Miguel Mills Inc.
- Pure Foods Hormel Co. Inc.
- PT San Miguel Pure Foods Indonesia
- Magnolia Inc.
- San Miguel Pure Foods (VN) Co. Ltd.
- King’s Creameries Ltd.
- San Miguel Yamamura Fuso Mold Corp.
- San Miguel Rengo Packaging Corp.
- Mindanao Corrugated & Fibreboard Inc.
- SMYPC Manila Glass Plant
- SMYPC Mandaue Glass Plant
- SMYPC Manila Plastics Plant
- SMYPC Metal Closures & Lithography Plant (San Fernando, Canlubang, Mandaue)
- SMYPC Metal Container Plant
- SMYPC Rightpak Plant
- SMYPC PET & Caps Plant Plant
- SMYPC Beverage Packaging Plants (San Fernando, Cebu, Davao)
- Zhaoqing San Miguel Glass Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Yamamura Haiphong Glass Co. Ltd.
- Foshan San Miguel Packaging Co.
- San Miguel Sampoerna Packaging Industries
- San Miguel Phu Tho Packaging Co. Ltd.
- San Miguel Packaging & Printing Sdn Bhd
- San Miguel Plastic Films Sdn Bhd
- San Miguel Woven Products Sdn Bhd
- Packaging Research Centre Sdn Bhd
- Anchor Insurance Brokerage Corp.
- San Miguel Properties, Inc.
- SMC Stock Transer Service Corp.
- SMITS Inc.
- San Miguel Holdings Inc.
- San Miguel Shipping & Lighterage Corp.
Incoming search terms:
- san miguel logo
- contact number of San Miguel Rightpak
- san megeul transport in the phillippines
- san miguel corporation company name
- san miguel corporation waterworks